Sunday, February 17, 2008

TMI

I'm starting to think that I was given too much information the other day at the doctor's office. I found out I was 4cm dilated. Well, that's just made me think that I'm going into labor any minute. I had Braxton Hicks contractions off and on (mostly on) all day Friday. When they were 5 minutes apart and about a minute long, I called the doctor. But my doctor wasn't on call, the other guy was. He called back and told me to come in. I got all upset in the car, because this was the doctor that had delivered Evan, and I figured he would ask about him, and I would have yet another awkward/painful few minutes explaining what happened. We got to the hospital, and the contractions were not as regular. I got checked out by the nurse (just so happened to be a nurse who had been at Evan's delivery. She said I looked familiar.) There was no change and I was sent home. Feeling like a complete moron. I got the little paper with a list of "things to look for" when real labor starts. It's my third time around, you'd think I'd have this down pat. If I hadn't known that I was already dilated, I may not have been worried. See? Oh, and I didn't end up seeing the doctor, so no awkward conversation. Last night I started having some painful crampy like feelings on one side. Justin was starting to show signs of a stomach bug, so I thought to myself, "Well, this is probably it. I'm going to go into labor, and my husband won't be able to come, because he's sick." Thankfully, nothing happened. And Justin is recovering today. And I'm desperately hoping that Duncan and I don't get it! Duncan is staying with his Pop and Lala, just in case. Hopefully he won't get sick there, either! You know the irony of all this is that when I go to the doctor on Thursday, I'll probably be back down to 1 or 2cm. That happened when I had preterm labor with Duncan. Sigh.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Pam! I'm thinking of you, hoping you won't be preggers too much longer! Love, The Dude's Mommy :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm dreaming about you every night! You are definitely at the top of everyone's mind! Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can comment again this way! -s

Pam said...

yeah, I don't know what's up with the comment thing lately. i read your recent posts, Denise, and I'm definitely thinking about you guys and your little man.

Nat said...

Today? THur? I been thinking it was/is going to be today or tomorrow . . . What's up? We are all afraid to call you with the "Anything happening yet?" question. As I know that is v. annoying --especially when nothing is happening. But yeah, so "Anything happening?"
Hugs, Nat
PS Hear Duncan and Lola are now buds.

frogonthefly said...

Thinking about you and checking all the time for updates.
Take care.

Nat said...

Anything yet?