Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Same Ole Same Ole

Nothing new to report on the baby front. Same dilation as last time. ho hum. I kind of thought something was going on, because I was having pretty regular Braxton Hicks contractions this afternoon. Not the kind that do anything productive, apparently. My doctor does want me to call in "at my earliest convenience" when the ball gets rolling. I asked if it was possible that this baby would not be as fast a delivery as Duncan, and he suggested little nipper 3 may be faster. He even suggested pre-empting the baby by induction. Almost everyone that I know that has been induced had a pretty lousy experience. So, I'm hesitant to go that route. I don't want to deliver at home. Although, just so happens a former labor and delivery nurse lives across the street. How fortuitous! Well, I'll keep you posted on any changes. And still no name! Eek!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

patience, patience-mother nature knows what she's doing. (although Natalie loved being induced. you get the drugs right away and no writhing on the floor in the lobby. maybe you should think about it?) the name will come to you (eventually) I'm kind of ready though. Lala

Nat said...

I did love being inducded but I was 5cm and 100% effaced when they decided to induce. I only had a little pitocin so it wasn't terrible. Unlike you my labors take forever so I was happy with giving it a kick in the butt. I mean the 5 hr labor I had with Beau vs the 42 with Carmella--no contest really. Induction all the way for me.