Sunday, February 10, 2008

OK, I Get It

So, I mentioned not too long ago that Justin has been playing video games and walking on the tread mill. I also talked about the Guitar Hero game, and how it's turning my house into a rock concert hall (complete with super cute toddler!) I may have also mentioned that I just didn't get video games. I think I may have even said Justin was a geek (still true!)

Well...This week Duncan went off to Grandma and Grandpa's house, so I had a little more free time than usual. I worked on my nesting--cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed, mopped, etc. Then I decided I needed to be more active, so I figured I would take a walk on the treadmill. Then if I got tired or needed to use the bathroom, I wouldn't have to worry about being on the opposite side of the neighborhood. I got down to the basement, and thought, "Well, I think I'll check this video game out. It'll be more interesting than looking at the wall." So, I turned it on. Justin has a game called "The Legend of Zelda" in right now. There's a lengthy prologue about people in torment being saved by a boy dressed in green. There's a period of peace, and then the dark days return, but where's the boy in green? So, then I'm taken to an island. I play a young boy (not in green...yet!) who is learning all sorts of tricks around his island. I swear, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. My little character had to run around catching pigs. I didn't know where to take one when I got it. The options were throw and drop! I finally called Justin and said, "Where does the pig go?"
"Wha..?!"
"I've got the pig, but I don't know where to take him." Giggle madly.
"Are you drinking?"
"No, I'm pregnant! I'm playing that video game!"
"Oh!"

He did some explaining and got off the phone, so I wouldn't fall off the treadmill (I was walking this whole time.) So, now I get it. I get the video game thing. It's fun! Of course, I probably won't do the violent stuff. That's just not me. I wonder if there's a newer version of Atari's "Pitfall." Hmmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are displaying signs of impending childbirth. The real sign is whether you have a huge urge to shave your legs. Watch for that one. Lala

Amy said...

You can buy the exact same old versions of games like pitfall for newer systems. They come packaged together with lots of other old games since they're so small compared to new games.

I LOVE ZELDA. Of course I love the original Zelda the most, and it sounds like you're playing the new one. The new one was too big for me, I got lost in it. But it is so so so so fun and so addicting!

Fiddle*sticks said...

You are so funny! Want to know something weird? I totally started playing that exact same game yesterday. Now that the boyfriend AND the grandmother are gone I've got just gobs of free time on my hands. Maybe I should start doing something productive. As opposed to, you know, catching pigs. They go in the pen up the hill, just so you know ;)

Pam said...

Oh yes, I've got a couple of pigs in. I've got the telescope and the green suit. I haven't played in a few days, so I feel like I've been reading a book, and I ahve to get back to the storyline.

I looked up Pitfall for Gamecube, and it's out there. Justin says there's a new version in 3D. Intriguing!

sherrie said...

OMG, Pitfall! I remember those little zig-zag alligators! How about Adventure? And check this out!