Thursday, January 10, 2008

Yawn

Duncan and I are at Grandma and Grandpa's house spending a relaxing few days before some nice folks throw me a baby shower. Well, it would be relaxing if Duncan hadn't caught yet another cold last Tuesday at nursery school. Last night was spent holding him and wiping his snotty nose. So, Grandma, Duncan, and I are pretty tired. Grandpa assures me he didn't get much sleep, either. I tell you, I'm getting pretty sick of the colds Duncan keeps getting at "school." Imagine how he must feel! I wrote the check out for the program and paid it yesterday, before I knew he was getting sick. Now I kind of feel like I'm handing over the check and saying, "Here's the check, where's my kid's cold?" It doesn't matter if the kid is out sick, you still gotta pay "to hold their spot." So, we'll see how long this goes on. I do enjoy having a bit of free time once a week, and I know that kids get colds. That doesn't make it any easier when he's up all night. Gotta go console my cranky tot....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does it help to know that these nursery school colds actually help them later to have a strong immune system? Glad to hear you're getting to spend some time with your folks. I'll be out from under the gun soon. Love, lala

Amy said...

Someone told me that they have to catch these colds sooner or later -- whenever they start "school," and get around lots of kids, they get sick a lot.

Of course, it's partially for this reason that I haven't started Benjamin in anything yet. It's so much nicer when he's not sick!