Friday, January 4, 2008

Nesting


Duncan Sneaking some Chips

As of tomorrow we have exactly two months till the due date of the new little nipper. Two months! Agh!!!!!! Maybe this is why I've had the urge to tidy up lately. On New Year's Day I cleaned out the fridge. I know, sounds like fun. Well, it wasn't fun, but it looks like the day we bought it! It's definitely worth taking out the shelves to clean, rather than just spot cleaning. My parents gave me one of those Floormate vacuum cleaner/mop thingies for Christmas. I've only used it once, but I'm itching to get it out again. I never got the floors that clean with the other product I was using. We cleaned the dining room for Christmas Day...it actually looks like a dining room, instead of the junk room! And now Justin is telling me he'd like to install that bamboo flooring we purchased for the master bedroom next week. So, I've been tidying up in there, too. And I'm pleased to announce that, yes, there is a floor in my closet! All the junk from these rooms is not miraculously disappearing. We've put most of it in closets, and the guest room. I figure I can do a real clean up when I'm not pregnant. I don't want to over-do it at this stage (I went into preterm labor with Duncan around this point of my last pregnancy, and don't want that to happen again!) So, it's a bandaid fix for now. But it's nice to pretend the house is in order. Although, it never really is clean when there's a sneaky little toddler running around pulling out all the things I just put away. At least he makes messy look cute.

2 comments:

Betharoopie said...

We got a Floormate when we moved up here, and we LOVE it! Of course, I don't use it nearly as much as I should, but it's a lovely alternative to mopping!

Pam said...

It's made a hands and knees clean on our slate, to basically a vacuum. So, yeah, I'm loving it, too!