Monday, January 21, 2008

7 Random Things about Me

Beth tagged me to do this meme a long time ago, and now's as good a time as any to do it. I guess. The fun way she did it was to have a complete falsehood on the list, and you're supposed to guess which one it is. So, look out for the big fat lie. Oh yeah, there's a half truth in there, too. Here are the rules:


1-Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2-Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3-Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4-Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

Linked to Beth...check, list...coming up, don't know 7 bloggers, so you're off the hook there.

1. I'm still in touch with at least two people I've known since Kindergarten.

2. I love Scott Joplin rags, and can play "The Mapleleaf Rag" pretty well on the piano.

3. If asked what is my favorite piece of classical music, I can't tell you, because I have too many favorites.

4. I dated the nephew of a famous country singer while in college.

5. I have a major in Music, and a minor in Geology.

6. When I was a kid, Shaun Cassidy filmed part of "Breaking Away" in our town. After the shoot, he signed autographs for the whole girl scout troop!

7. I broke my arm while playing "kiss tag" with the ickiest boy in the class when I was in the second grade. I jumped off the playescape, and yelled. "Geronimo!" I crashed onto a kid named Blaise, who bit his tongue.

Let me know what you think!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Heh. Did you know that Blaise is married, has two kids, and lives in Savannah? Actually some of that might not be true, but I think it is. haha.

I am actually having a hard time figuring out which of these is false and which is half-true. I'm going to guess that #6 is half true (unless I missed that day -- I was in your girl scout troop) and #7 is false... even though Blaise and the playscape are real.

I'm guessing though. This is a day for guessing on blogs (see my comment in Beth's blog!)

Pam said...

Oops! I think I have three half truths. So, plenty to choose from. :)

Betharoopie said...

Well, I know #1 is true! :) Didn't know about #2, but I wouldn't doubt it. I totally believe #3.

I can't remember if you dated Douglas in college...hrrmmm...?

Did you get a minor in geology? Not sure there, either...

As far as #6 goes, I remember the Shaun Cassidy thing, but I don't recall being with the girl scouts. Definitely could have been, anyway. I just remember I was supposed to tell him I loved him and wanted to marry him, but I froze and just went "derrrrr" or something equally as memorable.

Ah, Blaise...what a cutie. I can totally see you jumping off the playescape and yelling "geronimo." I see this as a bit false, though, because I didn't see him as icky.

In other words, I don't know!

Anonymous said...

since I'm "The mother-in law" this is totally a guess. Somehow #2 just would surprise me if it were true.

Anonymous said...

The mother in law again. The geology thing is a puzzle too. I've never heard you particularly speak fondly of rocks except as a possibility for a wall in your garden. You seem more a botany person to me.

Amy said...

Pam, it's weird how hard this is. You made them all sound so plausible. I can't wait to hear the answers!

Mary Beth said...

http://www.blogger.com/Being Mary in a Martha World

Anonymous said...

I knew you liked rocks, but enough for a minor? I wish. Also, Blaise wasn't the icky one.

Anonymous said...

They are: true, not sure, true, not true, half true, don't know, They did film some of "Breaking Away" in Athens, true.

sherrie said...

I'm guessing you can't play the rag on the piano. I remember the filming of "Breaking Away," and going out in front of Barnett Shoals to watch, but I don't remember autographs. I also don't remember you having a Blaise-collision; he did break his arm after jumping off the playscape onto my head. I was relatively unharmed... I remember you thought about studying geology(at one point wanting to be a vulcanologist!) but don't know if you went for a minor. So, when will you tell us? MUST KNOW!!