I've now entered the Third Trimester. For some folks this is the time when they feel pretty good. The morning sickness has diminished or gone, the figure is distinctly that of a pregnant woman, and not of an extra large lunch. These are the pros! Some of the same annoyances linger on, like the belly rubbing and forgetfulness, but here are some new ones to add to the list.
10. Pregnancy seems to make other people forgetful, too. "When was the due date again?" is the most commonly repeated question by this lot.
9. There's a little person standing on my bladder!
8. There's a little person practicing her Judo moves on my insides. While this is kinda cool a lot of the time, sometimes it is painful. And I won't even go into trying to go to sleep with the inner Karate Kid!
7. People commenting on my size. "You're getting big!" "You're as big as a house!" And I've heard some people get asked if they're having twins. Agh!
6. Being tired all the time.
5. I know guys always get blamed for looking at a woman's boobs before making eye contact. When I'm preggers, I get the look at the belly, then up up up to, finally, the face. And it's everybody, not just guys.
4. Being nervous about how a new little one will make the older sib feel.
3. That "cute" pregnant waddle is more than likely caused by a painful condition called Sciatica. In other words, it hurts to walk.
2. Heartburn, even on good food like chocolate. Forget pizza and chili, unless I want to load up on Tums.
1. The feeling of dread as the day of labor approaches. For first timers it's scary, because they don't know what to expect. For those who have some labor experience, it's scary, because they do have an idea of what to expect!