Saturday, November 3, 2007

Sister Mommy

My sister Sherrie is visiting. I would post a cute picture of her and Duncan, but she won't let me. Wah! She's using the visit as an opportunity to get to know her little nephew a little better. Of course, he is still pretty small, so he can't communicate all of those deep feelings that all toddlers have. He mostly looks at Sherrie like, "Who is this lady? She reminds me of someone....hmmm." Sherrie came to visit at the time I went on bedrest when I was pregnant with Duncan. In fact, I went into the hospital during her visit. So, she not only got to visit me at the hospital, she also got to visit a little more with Evan. He stayed with Grandma and Grandpa while I was in the hospital. They tried to explain to him that Sherrie is Mommy's sister. He didn't call her "Sherrie" or "Auntie". He called her "Sister." And when asked where Sister lives, he would name her state, even though he had know idea where it was. She came back last October. And I explained again how Sister was Mommy's sister. So, then Evan started to call Sherrie "Sister Mommy." I think this may have disconcerted her a bit, not being a parent. We've been calling her Sister this time, too (and Aunt Sherrie.) We'll have to wait until Duncan has more words to find out what he calls her!

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I love it!!

Betharoopie said...

Hey, Sister! And Mommy! :)

Hope you have a wonderful time!

sherrie said...

I didn't find it at all disconcerting, I thought it was the cutest thing ever! He joined Mom and Dad in taking me to the hotel the night before I flew back that trip, and seemed to really enjoy riding up the elevator and looking around the hotel room(and closing and opening the bathroom door to a cheering audience). He was so good, not worried or frightened at all, just ready for adventure!

sherrie said...

Also: hey, Beth!