Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ouch! My Wallet Hurts!

I decided to fill up the gas tank on the way to Grandma and Grandpa's house this morning. I had just over a half tank to fill, and the total was $30! I had gotten somewhat used to the $40 for a full tank...I'm not saying I was happy about it, just accustomed. They say it will hit $4 a gallon before the end of the year. Wah! As if the holiday season wasn't eating a hole in my wallet already. Oh well. At least I don't have to fill up as often as some poor folk. We also had a little family emergency just before we left home. Duncan unscrewed the childproof (is that meant to be a joke?!) cap on the Children's Motrin, and proceeded to measure out a dose or two. There was some spillage. Knowing that there wasn't much in the bottle to start with (and he wasn't covered in the stuff), I had a pretty good idea that he hadn't actually had any. But to be safe, I called Poison Control. We decided the most he could have had was a swallow or two. I should give him a snack and drink, and everything should be ok. Maybe a little tummy ache. So, we shared a snack, and he sacked out in his seat as we made the drive to the Grandparents. He seems to be just fine. Shoo! We were supposed to hang out with Sister, but she's in bed sick. Well, hopefully today won't be a total bust!

1 comment:

sherrie said...

She's up now! Glad the little tyke is none the worse for his pharmaceutical adventure.