Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Evan, the Photographer


Evan Reaching for the Digital Camera

I suppose most little kids (and some big ones) are interested in The Camera. Particularly now that we have digital cameras. There's the lure of buttons, flashes and little noises. But with digital cameras (and polaroids), you get to see a picture right away. When Evan was younger he'd ask to see the baby on the back of the camera. He didn't realize he was the baby!


An Artistic View of the Ceiling Fan

Last Fall, we decided to go ahead and let Evan try out The Camera. He mostly walked around talking and pressing buttons, not necessarily looking for a subject. When we looked back at the log of shots, we were pretty impressed. He took pictures of the world around him (our house), the family, and probably by accident, himself.


Mommy

There was also a little video button on The Camera. He pressed that a few times, and the result is a couple of very short Evan films. In one he says, "I can't see you, I can't seeee youuuuu!" He was trying to find me in the viewfinder!




Baby Brother


Let There Be Light! It makes me wonder how he got this shot.


The Obligatory Finger Shot

One year ago today Evan was admitted to the Pediatric ICU with Bacterial Meningitis, and never returned home. Given what happened, these pictures and movies are very special to us. To hear that little voice again....


Self Portrait

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so hard. lala

Dorothy Gould said...

Pam, I linked to your blog from Natalie's. My heart goes out to you, Justin and Duncan. You will be in my prayers this week.

sherrie said...

Oh, how I wish we could hear that voice again.