Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Don't Forget to Donate Toys this Christmas

I read an article yesterday that said that charities like the Salvation Army, and even the Marine sponsored Toys for Tots are having problems getting toys this year. With the innumerable recalls we've had over the last several months, it seems people don't know what to buy. They don't want to donate something tainted, so they're not donating at all. While it's great to not want to contaminate the kiddies, these charities are dreadfully in need. This article said one Salvation Army location had purchased toys back in the summer, and over half ended up being recalled. My plan is to purchase two of what I get for Duncan. Maybe not everything, because I don't want to end up in the poor house, but a few things. I figure the stuff I'm getting for my own child I've done the research on, and feel comfortable about donating. Finding American made toys right now is getting tougher. Many companies are selling out, because the manufacturers have a lot of new customers due to parents concerned about the lead paint issue. Amazon.com does carry many American toy products as of two days ago. If you don't have any luck online, check out some local shops. Good luck, happy shopping, and donate!!

No comments: