Sunday, October 21, 2007

Haircuts



Evan Rockin' at the Park with a New Cut

I took Duncan to get his haircut again on Friday. He sat in the little car chair, and was ok for about one minute, then that little lip started to pooch, his face fell, and he sobbed for the duration. He could not be distracted by the movie. He did not care about all the cool stylist's tools, like the hair dryer and razor (although, the razor has potential.) He flailed around and reached for me the whole time. I'm amazed Duncan comes away with as good a cut as he does. The lady that does it is really good. His behavior made me think of how different Evan behaved at the salon. Evan started off with a lot less hair. He didn't really need a cut until about 16 months. Before that, I did trim around his ears a bit. His hair was still pretty fine, so I didn't have to take him very often. The first cut was at a men's salon. The rest were at a kid's place (the same one where I take Duncan.) He always requested to sit in the car. He would pay some attention to the movie. He was also interested in the tools...especially the razor. He had seen his daddy's razor at home, and he knew what it was and could name it. He never cried. There was always something there to capture his attention. The last couple of times we went, he focused on the movie. He had this expression on his face of complete seriousness. It was kind of like he was saying, "I just have to get through this, and I get the balloon." I don't remember ever seeing such a serious face on a toddler. After it was done we'd get a balloon or lollipop, and he'd look like a little man. Poor Duncan. With his thick, fast growing locks, we're going to be back before you know it. Maybe I should get a set of cutters for home!

4 comments:

sherrie said...

FLOWBEE!

Pam said...

I was going to say, "Huh?" but then I looked it up. Pretty cool, although pricey. I'll look on amazon, too.

Anonymous said...

hey sherrie-do you flowbee? Lala

sherrie said...

I used to joke that I use a flowbee, on the "extra-long" setting, but I think it's just for short hair. Pam, I figured you'd seen the horrible commercials! The joke's not as funny if you have to go look it up. Oh well!