Monday, October 29, 2007

Duncan's Punkin



Duncan Picking out Pumpkins

I've always liked Halloween. It's not really all the ghouls and goblins, it's mostly the candy. Of course, since we started a family it's also about the annual trek to the Pumpkin Patch. Hundreds and hundreds of pumpkins everywhere. Big ones, little ones, orange ones, white ones. They're really beautiful. It's pure joy to watch a small child...my small child running around admiring all of the pumpkins. Of course, at this particular Pumpkin Patch, they have loads of inflatable bouncy things for the kids, bunny rabbits, and Duncan's favorite, classic rock blaring on the speakers. It's not just a visit to the Pumpkin Patch, it's a Pumpkin Experience. The weather was beautiful, the place was packed, the bouncing was most excellent, and we walked away with a trunk load of gourds. Alright, it was just three. After a pit stop at home, Duncan gladly hopped back in the car with Grandma and Grandpa for a few days visit. That leaves the pumpkin decoration to me. I went to the pumpkin carving block party with the neighbors. I scooped and scooped and scooped the goop. I guess that's the worst part of the Pumpkin Experience. I found a cool ghost pattern for my white pumpkin, and started carving. I used muscles in my hands I didn't even know existed! But I came home with one carved pumpkin. I decided to paint Evan's and Duncan's pumpkins. I'll post final pumpkin pictures on Halloween. Until then, I need to go to the store for some candy. Mwahahahaha!

No comments: