Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ho Hum

Duncan gladly got in Grandma and Grandpa's car yesterday without looking back. And, I hear he's having a great time. Of course, they have a playground and yummy food. So, I'm Duncan-less thru tomorrow. And, of course, I missed him as soon as they pulled away. Had he looked at me and waved I may have been buoyed up for a while, but the road ahead was just too interesting. After five or six days of killer headaches and the lovely dry heaves, here I am by myself. It has been nice to have a little break and tidy up a bit. Justin even took me out to a fancy schmancy restaurant, where I had lobster tails. Yum! I was hoping to pamper myself and get a haircut, but I wasn't feeling up to it physically. So, I sit here at home listening to the rain pounding on the windows (we're getting rain--yahoo!) feeling a little lonely. A little depressed without my little fellow. A little pathetic, because the most interesting thing I did today was go to the grocery store (or was it doing the laundry?) Sigh. I think I need a hug.

5 comments:

Mary Beth said...

sending you a BIG cyber hug.

Amy said...

Hugs from California too! The thought of going to the grocery store without my kid is actually pretty exciting to me!

Put your feet up, eat some ice cream, and watch tv. That's what I'd do, anyway.

Betharoopie said...

((HUG!))

I second what Amy said.

Pam said...

Thanks for the hugs, guys.

sherrie said...

I SOOOOO wished we lived closer together! Girls day out would have been fun. *sigh* Still, hugs to you and hope you're feeling better now.