Monday, September 24, 2007

Driving Miss Pammy

Tomorrow is a big day! We'll be going to the doctor for my second Old Lady Ultrasound. There's a possibility that we may find out the sex of little nipper 3. Of course, Grandma and LaLa are all excited. In fact, they asked me several times after my first Old Lady Ultrasound if we found out, like they didn't believe me when I told them no the first time. Am I that untrustworthy? Or am I known for being particularly sneaky?

The ladies in my Bible Study snicker when I tell them about my Old Lady tests (I'm one of the younger members of the class.) I tell them how my doctor refers to "my condition" as Advanced Maternal Age. (The way he says it, the caps are totally there!) I even told them about a 36 year old friend who's doctor called her pregnancy a Geriatric Pregnancy. As if my self esteem needed any more kicking. And the hormones just make everything worse. I find myself tearfully asking Justin questions like, "Do you still love me?" and "Do you think I'm pretty?" I'm surprised he hasn't said, "Yes, but I also think you're kookoo." That just shows you what a great guy I married. Justin gets major kudos for all of the junk he's had to put up with. Tomorrow we'll also have to endure Genetic Counseling. I think all that is is telling some doc that no we don't have Down's syndrome in the family. Well, think about us and I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what time's the appointment? And by the way Pam- you are one of the beautiful women I've ever seen (inside and out) No makeup required on those bones of yours. Of course Justin thinks you're pretty -He knows how lucky he is to have you-(And he better treat you well). Call me when ya'll have any news. lala

Pam said...

Awww shucks! Thanks, LaLa. You know we will call you and my folks first. Love ya!

Betharoopie said...

Good luck, beautiful lady!

What ticks me off most about the Advanced Maternal Age crap - 50 years ago, I might buy it. But A LOT of women are now having kids well into their 40s. Grrrrr

Mary Beth said...

can't wait to hear!

sherrie said...

You look a lot like your sister... ;-)

love you, and CONGRATS!