Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It's Tough Being a Little Guy


Duncan after his first haircut.

Little guys endure all kinds of unpleasant things. Countless boo boos, innumerable colds, cuts, bruises, bug bites, shots and getting their sweet little feelings hurt. Even hair cuts can be absolute torture. I actually had a tough time finding a picture of Duncan crying, because he's a pretty happy kid. Although lately, with some new choppers coming in, he tends to go from zero to screaming maniac in a shorter period of time.

Duncan woke from his nap this afternoon. He sounded happy enough, but that soon changed. Usually I'll let him play a little bit, and then go get him, but today his cries escalated quickly. His little foot was stuck (again) in the slats of his crib, and that chunky little bugger would not budge. I ran and got some lotion and greased him up, and the foot slid right out. I held him, kissed him, called him sweetie, but nothing was working. I took him downstairs for milk and a snack. He pushed away his crackers at first. I plopped him in my lap, turned on Curious George, and finally got him to calm down.

I won't tell him he has a checkup next week. Sigh.

5 comments:

Nat said...

That Duncan is just so dang cute. I love all the chubbiness.

Mary Beth said...

Great picture. Maybe that will be used for his Senior yearbook?

Anonymous said...

Justin had that exact same look on his face when he saw the results of his first haircut! (of course it was done by me)

Pam said...

LaLa,
That Dutchboy haircut on Justin would have made me cry, too. :)

Grandma said...

He's such a cutie. I just want to pick him up and snuggle away the tears. Grandma