Monday, July 16, 2007

Five Days and Counting



That's when the new Harry Potter book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows arrives. I'm still planning on going to the midnight Potter Party at the local Borders Bookstore. I've recently read that people sit outside the bookstore and shout out spoilers to the Potter fans as they exit the bookstore. I think this is just mean. I know Justin was listening to a morning radio show a day or two after the last Potter release, and they played a little jingle about the character who died. It basically said the victim's name over and over again, "So and so dies, so and so dies...." So, I'm hoping to block out radio and TV (and meanspirited shouters) while I'm reading and hopefully the ending will be unspoiled for me. Hopefully it will be easy to go without media, as we'll be at an island paradise. That's right. I haven't forgotten that we're also taking our anniversary trip this weekend. Although, I have to admit the buildup to the last Potter book has been a little more exciting. It doesn't help that when I ask Justin questions about the trip, the usual answer is "I don't know." Do you want to go snorkeling? I don't know. Should we take snacks? I don't know, etc. Despite this lack of excitement on my hubby's part, I'm really looking forward to getting away. The one thing I'm not looking forward to is leaving without little Duncan. I know he'll have a blast with Grandma and Grandpa (they just installed a new playset and sand/water table--a little kid's paradise!) On the other hand, we may actually be able to sleep in for several days. Sleeping, relaxation, reading, beach...ok, it does sound pretty darn good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photo looks just like Harry, 'cept no glasses. Swing set's ready, glider's on, mulch is laid. Yoo Hoo! We're ready. Come on down. Grandma

Amy said...

Do go snorkeling. Don't take snacks, except maybe some chocolate.

I have opinions, and I'm excited, maybe you should take me instead of Justin!

Ok, maybe not.

I think you stand a very good chance of avoiding spoilers in the Caribbean! What a wonderfully-timed trip this is!

Nat said...

Ignore Justin.
Just plan everything and he will go along with it. Go snorkeling, go on a boat ride, go on a hike, rent bikes, and do bring snacks for the plane.
It will all be fine.
I am so jealous and if Justin keeps up the bad attitude kick him to the curb and take me. [[chanting]] Take Nat! Take Nat! Take Nat!
PS You are cracking me up about Harry Potter.
PPS Kids had fun seeing Duncan.

Mary Beth said...

Go snorkeling. Do anything you want, it's y'all vaca and yes i agree with Nat, Justin will probably go along with anything you want to do. he's just a laidback kinda guy
Have a great time.
Love ya MB

Anonymous said...

I am loving the pic of Duncan. I may join you at Borders come Friday night!! I can cover your ears as we run out of the store with our treasures.
Lying on the beach with your honey and your favorite book, sounds like the perfect vacation to me ( plus a pinacolada or two).
Kristi

Pam said...

Kristi,
I would *love* to meet at Borders Friday night. We could dress up like a character. hmmm...

Even tho I love you guys, Justin's going with me. Although, I'm not so sure about the boatride. He puked his guts out when we went on a whale watch in Hawaii.

frogonthefly said...

Snorkeling YES!!!
Snacks YES!!! (unless you have an easy way to get to a local store). Resort prices are very high!
Enjoy Harry Potter....

Betharoopie said...

Enjoy! The book, the trip, the everything! :)