Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Odds and Ends

Justin and I were married on July 31, 1999. In honor of eight pretty darn great years together, Justin is taking me here http://www.royalwestindies.com/suites.htm And yes, I'm excited. We're flying out on July 21. The same day that the 7th and final book of the Harry Potter series is released. Our flight is at 9:30am, so it's looking like I'm going to a midnight Harry Potter party! My mom thinks I should wait until we get back to get the book. I'm going to the beach, no baby, just loads of free time. When would there be a better time to read a book? Besides, I've waited two years for this book, and I HAVE to know if Voldemort gets Harry in the end. So, anyway...we are going to the beach and leaving Duncan with Grandma and Grandpa. I have officially weaned him as of this week! It's gone pretty smoothly. He seems very pleased with his new bedtime snack--milk and graham crackers. It's kind of like he said, "Oh, so this is what we're doing now. Cool." He's finally decided that he wants to walk, and there's no stopping him now. Well, only falling and being chicken to take too many steps at once. Oh well. He'll get there eventually. Duncan's supposed to have a practice run staying with Grandma and Grandpa this weekend without Mommy and Daddy. Justin and I are planning on working on the house, but maybe we'll make time for a date night.

Our computer died, so I won't be able to post pictures until our new one comes. Early July!

8 comments:

Joe & Beth said...

Dayumm, girl - looks like a great vacation! Have a great time - Happy Anniversary!

Amy said...

That looks wonderful. Have a pina colada for me!

sherrie said...

You go to the beach and I have chemistry class. Waaaaah! Moooooom, Pam's teasing me, make her stop!

frogonthefly said...

You are going to have a great time!!!
Enjoy!

Pam said...

Ha! You can't say anything, Sherrie. You go to London, France, Australia, California, Canada, etc. Go tell Mom that! :P

sherrie said...

Not any time soon, I don't! I still hope you have fun, even though I'll be miserable. *sniff*

Joe & Beth said...

Now, now, girls...someone's gonna have to separate you two! ;)

sherrie said...

Ha! "Don't me me stop and turn this blog around! I'll do it!"