Friday, June 29, 2007

Baked Beans Anonymous



"Hi, my name is Duncan."


"Hi, Duncan," chorused the other addicts.


"My mom first introduced me to baked beans when I was just 1 year old," Duncan began. Some gasped, others shook their heads. "So young," cried a middle aged woman.


"We'd have chicken fingers and baked beans for lunch. Oh yes, Mom always joined me." Duncan's words were met with shocked silence. He went on, "Sometimes she'd alternate sweet peas and corn, but I just couldn't get enough of the baked beans. I enjoyed wearing them as much as I enjoyed eating them. I've had dreams where I'm chasing Duke trying to get the Bush's secret family recipe." He paused, "But look, I can quit anytime."


A sing song voice floated into the room, "Duncan, lunch."


"I gotta go," says Duncan. And he toddled out of the room.

No comments: